Announcing the release of ActiveReports 7! For the latest information, please visit our new site: ComponentOne
Data Dynamics Reports - Overview
How is Data Dynamics Reports different from ActiveReports?
Visual Reporting Model
- ActiveReports introduced the world to an extensive event-based code-behind reporting model to enable extreme flexibility, allowing developers to generate almost any kind of report.
- Data Dynamics Reports follows a more visual report designing model with inline expressions that meet most of your reporting needs with less code.
Microsoft Reporting Definition Language (RDL) Format
- ActiveReports uses the proprietary RPX reporting format that is proven and time tested.
- Data Dynamics Reports uses Microsoft's SQL Server 2005 Report Definition Language (RDL) reporting format, with custom extensions to leverage your existing investments.
Direct Support for Business Reporting
- ActiveReports has been exceeding customer expectations for over a decade of fulfilling the large volume, high performance, production reporting requirements of small and large businesses.
- Data Dynamics Reports, in addition to fulfilling standard reporting needs, features direct support for business reporting features such as dashboards, KPIs, advanced data visualization, master-child report templates and reporting themes.
Better Export options for Business Users
- ActiveReports supports exporting to HTML, RTF, TIFF, PDF and Microsoft Excel.
- Data Dynamics Reports, in addition to supporting these export formats, also supports true Microsoft Excel transformation, Microsoft Word export and exporting to image formats such as BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG and EMF.
ASP.NET Ajax Web Report Viewers
- ActiveReports includes a Report Viewer Control for Windows, and for the Web, a new interactive Flash Report Viewer along with HTML rendering and PDF exporting.
- Data Dynamics Reports comes with a stand-alone Report Viewer, and for the Web it uses a native ASP.NET Ajax Report Viewer as well as interactive HTML rendering.
Other Business Reporting Features
- Reporting templates for master-child reports enable developers to provide end users with a set of formats they can start with, and enable report authors to create a consistent look across an entire suite of reports.
- Create a cache of reporting themes for common styles, colors, and images in a single location to simplify updates.
- Report drill-down and drill-through capabilities with matrix (crosstab) functionality enables end users to analyze data with a high degree of granularity.